October 19, 2020

My last update was in July and referred to a possible surgery to remove the tumor on my liver and the thrombosis that extends into my heart.  To pursue that option, all of my charts, test results, scan info, etc. was sent to Sloan-Kettering in NYC for evaluation.  Their reply was that I am not a candidate for the surgery due to the fact that my cancer has metastasized to other parts of my body (lungs, heart).  The thought is that even if the tumor was successfully removed, it would not necessarily prolong my life due to the cancer in other areas of my body.  So the strategy for now, at least, is to simply keep on living.  Immunotherapy is on hold due to the negative effect it had had on my kidneys, liver, and pancreas.  However, my cancer growth has remained stable.  As long as it stays that way no other treatment will be initiated.  Another PET scan is now scheduled for end of November to check on the tumor growth and/or intensity.  If nothing has changed for the worse, I simply plan to keep on living! Proverbs 3:5-6Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

One thought on “October 19, 2020

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s