July 31, 2020

Still hangin’ in there!

As stated in my last report that “no news would be good news.” Well, it appears that has turned out to be the case. In May, an MRI was completed. The results showed that the tumor had actually decreased in size and the thrombosis to my heart remains stable along with the lesions in my lungs. All of this in spite of the fact that the immunotherapy treatment had been discontinued. I was very much concerned that the lack of treatment would allow the cancer to start growing again. On July 27, a PET scan was completed that shows the intensity within the tumor. This also was good news. Of course the cancer cells are still present but no growth was observed in terms of size and/or intensity. As a result, the oncologist has now recommended that Jodell and I go meet with a surgical team at Sloan-Kettering in New York City to discuss the pros and cons of having the tumor surgically removed. It is a possibility that, after their review, the doctors decide that surgery is too risky and not an option. I was told to wait for a call from someone at Sloan-Kettering to start this ball in motion. Until we have that discussion, I can’t speculate when this surgery, if possible, would take place. Stay tuned as this drama unfolds. I just hope it does not affect any fall fishing trips!  🙂  James 1:2-3 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s